Jul 20, 2013

I am a man of constant sorrow I've seen trouble all my days

This past Thursday and Friday my dad and I took a road trip to Lafayette, LA (taking many thrift stops on the way). Both days were filled with antiques, food, and humid weather. The hotel (it wasn't really a hotel it was more of a loft kind of thing) we stayed at was called Buchanan Lofts, and it was one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen! Each loft is specially designed with vintage and USA manufactured items. The owner was so groovy and just awesome, ugh, I miss it already. Anywho, I took lots of pictures while I was there, because I had some time to kill (I took even more, but I have to get the film developed). 
outfit: everything thrifted above
everything was vintage/ USA made down to the book! (Oscar Wilde quotes c. 1959)
ugh ugh ugh can i just live here
ceiling
Joshua Tree
(all pictures above from tumblr unless stated other wise)
Lately I've been really inspired by vintage photographs of everyday life especially vacation/picnic/beach/country photos. There's some sort of dreamy reality to it all and it's so hypnotizing in the best way possible. I've been dying to go to the beach lately and take pictures with my disposable camera (to try and capture the vibes that have been inspiring me), but of course, no one wants to go to the beach with me (who can drive and has time). 
When we were in East Texas we felt a bit out of place, so the O Brother, Where Art Thou? soundtrack made us feel right at home.
dress: handmade, belt: vintage/gift, pants: forever21
We found this antique mall that was also a video rental store, and I just found it really fascinating. 
On our way home we got to watch the sun rise, and it was so beautiful (like something out of Lion King omg).

12 comments:

  1. wowee, the loft you stayed in looks fantastic! And as usual your outfits are all rad as heck <33

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an amazing place!! it must have been great journey! <3

    [weirdoland - www.pigeongray.blogspot.com]

    ReplyDelete
  3. that oft looks like such a cool place to stay, ah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The striped blazer is so cool! I love unique blazers.
    http://rhinestonemoon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That loft is so perfect! Usually on road trips we do the whole stop at every thrift store thing, but we usually camp in our tent, which is great, but I wish we could go stay in a place like that! I love your outfit in the top picture, and the dress you made is so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That couch is to DIE FOR! There's one SUPER similar at Urban Outfitters.
    erikablogsalot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look wonderful and the loft area looks amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, this is wonderful!!! you're adorable and those pictures are perfect.

    http://catwitches.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. my goodness!! that place looks freakin amazing

    ReplyDelete
  10. It must have been so amazing ;_; I wish I could live in a loft like this one, just wow. And both of your outfits were flawless, you're gorgeous!

    xoxo

    Facebook
    Twitter
    Parisian Fairytale

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a beautiful place!! I love your style. :)

    ReplyDelete

♡All comments are read & loved. Thank you so much for dropping by!♡