Jul 23, 2013

when i said i wanted my life to be like moonrise kingdom i did not mean i wanted it to constantly rain





Lots has been happening the past week (so this post is kind of super long)! The other day was a good friend's birthday, and tt was filled with yummy food, wonderful people, and records. The party had felt like it lasted all weekend even though it was just a couple of hours long. L.M. took lots of photos (see above), and I'm sort of in love with all of them (I hope you guys do, too). Well, the post before this one was my 100th post. It's not really a big deal to me, but I'm proud of myself for keeping up with this blog for so long! Also, the lovely Yasmin interviewed me for her blog, so check it out!! For the past two weeks it has been raining cats and dogs, and I actually miss the heat of the sun (it's cool, but nasty-ass humid lately). All of the random down pours remind me of Moonrise Kingdom (because srsly it's been raining that hard here), and I always forget how much I love that movie. It's probably Wes Anderson's most "overrated" and famous film, but it is for a reason (because it's perfect and makes me want to run away and live in Rhode Island)! And I just got home from a loooooong day with my mom. We took my Grandma to the airport, and then kept finding detours on the way home (Denny's, Home Depot, thrift stores, etc), and I found SOOOO many cool things (like vintage wedding dresses, 1950s coffee maker, vinage slip, vintage magnets, and much more)! Also, my antique booth is looking super fly lately. I'm almost ready to open the other two rooms ("whaaaat there's more rooms, but Tessa your antique booth is already so big" YEAH I KNOW- it's overwhelming but i love it), and you can check it out on insta if you're feeling crazy. Oh, and I also got a splinter from a cash register from the 1800s, so minus the fact that it hurts like a son of a bitch it's pretty cool (i guess). 
1, 2, 3, 45
 OH MY GOD GUYS THEY ARE BACK

 daisy brooch: goodwill, rings: hello kitty store (except for pikachu that was on a cupcake), necklace: kohls, "Only Good Karma" bracelet: JCPenny
 Recently been making patches! (might sell a few on etsy idk) "Keep Your Politics Out Of My Uterus" taken from: kreepshowkouture
pins from UO
black jacket from kohl's, vintage flower blouse, thrifted twoll skirt, striped top from Cass, goodwill daisy dress, thrifted striped blazer, kohl's puppy flats

6 comments:

  1. a)It looks like you all had fun at your friend's party!
    b)I really have an urge to rewatch Moonrise Kingdom now
    c)I just checked out your instagram photo and your booth really is looking superfly
    d)You look so fun and summery next to that bright coloured building!
    e)I've never had twinkies but they look kind of icky?
    f) I love the stuff you bought- especially the 'only good karma' bracelet and the boy scout patch and all of those clothes look really cool and the puppy flats ahhh it's all too much coolness~
    g)the patches you made are also really cool!!
    h) that's all, enjoy the rest of the week <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my friends took as many photos as yours. Looks like you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool party, i really like your top!
    moonrise kingdom is WONDERFUL, i watched it so many times and i just can't be bored by it - every time i watch it it's like "please let me go into this movie and live there!".
    and omg daisy brooch, pikachu and snow white <3

    [pigeongray.blogspot.com]

    ReplyDelete
  4. your blog is amazing<3
    xxBianca
    www.xoxololita.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moonrise Kingdom: I watched it the other day for the first time and loved it. It's cinematography is p.e.r.f.e.c.t

    ReplyDelete

♡All comments are read & loved. Thank you so much for dropping by!♡