Jan 14, 2015

two tone

Hey, hey, hey!
It has been SO COLD this month, and I'm already over it. But on the bright side, it gives me a lot of ideas for layering and whatnot, so it's not all bad. I've been playing around with new ways to do my makeup, because the same old eyeliner can be boring sometimes. That being said, I've started to do a two-tone lipstick look, and I'm kind of in love with it! 
As of lately, I've been trying out eBay vs. Etsy to see if there's a difference in traffic. So far it's about the same, but fingers crossed one or the other or both do really well! I will also being doing some pop shop events in the months to come. Overall, I feel like 2015 will be the best year yet for The Mad Mod Shop!
Other than that, I've been piddling on the internet watching Netflix and various other videos (I'm so in love with this John Waters' preview for Kiddie Flamingos), and working. I'm trying really hard right now not to spend money, but like always it's easy to say and extremely difficult to actually do. So far, so good! But I am in dire need of thrifting or going to garage sales. Can you believe I haven't done either in a few months??? How am I still alive!?
great grandma's blouse
urban outfitters turtle neck
milk + honey vintage dress (worn as a kimono)
forever21 jeans
vintage gloves
charlotte russe booties
P.S. Don't forget to like my new Facebook page!

6 comments:

  1. love the two-ton lip! But I always end up smacking my lips together so it doesn't work for me >.<
    I've found that eBay hit you with lots of hidden listing fews and a higher percentage of your sale, and it's more costly to continually relist items with them vs. etsy but that's just my personal exp. :)

    http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Adele! I have the same problem, so I only wear it for small amounts of time, haha. I haven't had much luck with etsy so far (yet!), so I'm just doing a few things on ebay unless it goes well. And I noticed all the hidden fees :-(

      Delete
  2. Your makeup looks incredible and that two-tone lipstick is so amazing! Your outfit is just as wicked. And I'm in the same boat with the thrifting - it's been months and I feel like I'm going through withdrawals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lucy! I think the cold weather has halted all the thrifting for me, to be honest.

      Delete
  3. your outfit is on point! I'm in love with the lipstick look too :) ahh it's SO cold here, I tried to wear a denim jacket yesterday but I had to wear 3 layers under it and I was still cold! winter is the worst haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Charlotte! It's like, I really want to like the cold, but I just can't stand it!!! >:-(

      Delete

♡All comments are read & loved. Thank you so much for dropping by!♡